Delivery - general
We will attempt to pack your order as efficiently as possible in order to minimise postal costs. This includes utilising voids in unsealed goods boxes and splitting large orders into multiple postings.
Once payment is received we will send your order to the Delivery Address that you specify. Please note however:
- Orders containing flammable goods can only be shipped to UK mainland addresses. Flammable goods are indicated in the product descriptions. Note: we reserve the right to remove flammable goods from orders sent to 3rd party addresses where we have reason to believe they would subsequently be shipped to an overseas address, e.g. goods sent to a UK-based post consolidation company
- We are unable to ship to P.O. Box addresses and we do not use BFPO services
- If you choose to utilise a 3rd party address, other than the address registered with your credit card or PayPal account (e.g. works address, neighbour, post consolidation company), then once the delivery is made to this address you are responsible for loss or damage from that point on.
- We cannot mark parcels with instructions to carriers as to where to leave packages if no one is in. The carrier will leave a calling card if you are out containing instructions as to how to claim the parcel or arrange re-delivery
For orders with cleared payment that are received prior to 2.00 pm on a normal week day (1.00pm for courier orders), our aim is to dispatch the goods on the same day. Note that we are not open weekends, so orders received on a Saturday or Sunday will be dispatched on the following Monday (providing it is not a Bank Holiday). The postal services we may offer are:
- Royal Mail 1st Class
- Royal Mail 2nd Class
- Parcelforce 48 (for UK Highlands and Islands)
- Parcelforce GlobalValue (for Channel Islands)
Our Website calculates postage and packing charges automatically based on total weight and volume (including packaging), your delivery location and your chosen postal service. The shipping charge includes the cost of packaging and handling. Note there are minimum Postage and Packing charges as follows:-
- Royal Mail 1st Class - £1.85
- Royal Mail 2nd Class - £1.60
You can easily check postage and packing costs without committing to purchase. Simply select "View Basket" and then enter your delivery address details into the "Calculate shipping cost" box. Click "Get rates". You can then choose your required postal service. Click "Select" to display the total cost of your order including shipping.
We will advise the correct shipping cost where it has been entered incorrectly.
The Table below shows the delivery aims following dispatch for each postal service:
|Service||Delivery Aim after dispatch|
|Royal Mail 1st Class||1-2 working days|
|Parcelforce 48||Within 2 working days|
|Royal Mail 2nd Class||3-6 working days|
|MyHermes||3-5 working days|
|GlobalValue||Within 4-6 working days|
Note: These are delivery 'aims' only as advised by the carrier. Delivery times to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Isles of Scilly may be longer. Please allow additional shipping time if it is Christmas, Easter, or a Bank Holiday.
We reserve the right to substitute your chosen shipping method with another method for operational reasons. Where this occurs the substituted service will have a service level no worse than the shipping method you selected.
We now ship to the following EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden. We now ship to Norway, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia and New Zealand too.
We use Royal Mail airmail service which aims to deliver between 3-5 working days from dispatch. Orders over £24 inc. VAT (EU) or over £20 (rest of the world) will incur an additional mandatory charge of £5.00 for the International Tracked service. Airmail orders over £60 value will also incur a further mandatory charge of £2.50 for enhanced insurance.
Our website will automatically calculate airmail shipping on packages up to 1.25Kg. If your order weighs more than 1.25Kg, the website will invite you to contact us for a shipping quote as the cost will be dependent on weight, volume and destination.
We will not be responsible for any customs charges or taxes that may be imposed on you by carriers.
Certain goods containing volatile chemicals are restricted to UK mainland addresses only - the items affected are clearly indicated in the product descriptions. If your order contains such items and you request shipping to a non-UK mainland address then you will not be able to complete the Checkout process.
Damaged during shipping or 'lost'
Where items have been damaged during shipping please retain all packaging as this may need to be inspected by the carrier. Please contact Models R Go before returning damaged goods. Claims for shipping damage must be made within 7 working days of receipt. We will make a claim for compensation with the carrier on your behalf. Please note that the carrier requires 30 days to make a decision on the claim.
Claims for loss cannot be made until 15 working days or more have passed after the item was due to be delivered (25 days for overseas orders). Please contact Models R Go if you have not received your goods after this time. We will make a claim for compensation with the carrier on your behalf. Please note that the carrier requires 30 days to make a decision on the claim.