Privacy & Security
Models R Go is committed to respecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information collected from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK and we are registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) - registration number: ZA193813.
The ModelsRGo.co.uk/ModelsRGo.com Website is owned and operated by John Guiver trading as Models R Go. We are members of the Federation of Small Businesses, membership number 31449953.
When you order from Models R Go (including purchases made over the phone, by post or this Website), we need to know your name, sex, billing and delivery addresses, email address, a contact telephone number and your payment card details. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. We also optionally ask for a telephone number, to be used solely for contacting you should there be a problem with your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
Models R Go may collect, store and process your personal data:
- to make the Website available to you and provide content tailored to your individual tastes;
- to maintain any registered account that you hold with us and a history of your orders;
- to provide goods and services to you, including verifying your identity;
- for analysis, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes;
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
All information collected by Models R Go is strictly confidential. We do not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to any third party for marketing reasons. We will only pass information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- if legally directed to do so by the police, HMRC or courts;
- if required in order to process payments through our site, e.g. your name and address may be passed to our payment processors (although we never see any credit/debit card information you may enter on their sites);
- if, as a last resort, we have to use a debt collection agency to obtain or reclaim payment;
- if a payment is disputed or reversed, in which case we may give information to our payment processors to resolve the issue, or (if we believe we are subject to fraud) to the police or courts;
- to couriers (where applicable) in order for them to facilitate deliveries to you.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically knowingly provide it. In order to maintain the accuracy of our database, you can check, update or remove your personal details by logging onto your account or by contacting us.
We very much welcome and appreciate customers' testimonials. The content of testimonials is under the customer's control. If such testimonials contain personally identifiable information, such as the full customer name, then we assume the customer has given their consent to have this information posted on the website. We may ediit the content of testimonials if they contain personal information beyond name. If you want your testimonial removed please contact us.
We use a technology called "cookies" as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify your computer unless you change your browser settings. You may set your browser to prevent this happening, although please note that this may impair the functionality of this Website.
In order to process credit/debit card transactions, the bank or card processing agency may require to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the EEA (European Economic Area). Your information will not be transferred outside the EEA for any other purpose.
Finally, Models R Go may collect certain information about your visit to help improve and administer our Website. Such information may include the type of browser you use, the date and time of your access to the Website, the pages you visited and the Internet address of the Website from which you linked to our Website.
You have the right to ask what personal data we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law; the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
The owner of Models R Go was an IT Business Consultant for 26 years. As such, we are well aware of the need for secure transactions over the Internet, as well as secure storage of personal information.
This Website was developed specifically with customer security in mind. Models R Go uses industry standard technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encrypt sensitive data sent between your PC and our website. You can verify this by observing the closed padlock or unbroken key icon that appears at the bottom right or on the address line of your browser when you enter a secure area, such as the checkout or your account. By double-clicking this icon, you can see details of our security certificate.
Models R Go online credit and debit card orders are processed by WorldPay servers which are Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) level 1 compliant. In respect of online orders, Models R Go NEVER sees your card information and does not collect or store your payment card information on its servers. If you choose to pay via Paypal then you will be directed to the Paypal servers during checkout. If you order by telephone then we will collect your payment card details manually and submit them to WorldPay for authorisation. Once the information has been processed it is securely destroyed in accordance with PCI data protection principles.
If you are using a shared computer, we recommend that you always log out from your account and close the website browser when you complete an online session. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online security:
- Keep your account password private. Anyone who knows your password may access your account.
- Use a password that is at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this by going to "My Account" and typing new values into the Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
- Do not send credit/debit card details by email as this is not secure. Please use our secure order payment services on the Website or call us so that we can take the details manually.
Note that we will never ask you to confirm any account or payment card details via email. If you receive such communication claiming to be from Models R Go, please ignore it and do not respond.